Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Media Liaison team are the on-site connection between our Broadcast Partners, the Promoter, National Press Officer & the FIA in relation to all on-site filming requirements at F1 Events and F1 Official Test sessions.
This role will support the Manager and Senior Co-ordinator within the on-site Media Liaison Team. Specific responsibilities are set out below.
- Manage accreditation for Broadcast Partners at F1 races and F1 test sessions, and work with the Accreditation team to make sure all passes are made on time with the correct access.
- Ensure Broadcast Partners and other media partners are kept up-to-date with all relevant information that will assist with their production.
- Work with National Press Officers regarding national radio and TV requests; accreditation; and on-site requirements/filming activities.
- Liaise with circuits/Promoters to assist Broadcast Partners with equipment clearances and visa processes.
- Manage the booking, invoicing and allocation of commentary booths.
- Obtain Broadcast Partner originated content for use on F1 digital platforms when required.
- Issue and process the Event Accreditation and Assignment of Copyright Agreements.
- Review and implement access entitlements in media rights agreements to ensure Broadcast Partners can exploit the media rights that have been granted to them.
- Work with the Host Broadcaster and TV compound coordinators to ensure Broadcast Partners have access to relevant on-site facilities and relevant feeds.
- Manage accreditation and monitoring of social media film crews/influencers at race events.
- Liaise with the Promoters regarding access and filming rights for circuit camera crews access/rights; and monitor such activity on-site.
- Liaise with the Ancillary Media Rights Team for all ad hoc on-site projects and monitor such activities on-site.
- Work with protocol and ceremonies staff to produce race day information to send to all Broadcast Partners. This includes information on the drivers’ parade, opening ceremony, national anthem performers, fly-bys and any items of interest especially for those who are not on-site.
- Collaborate with the Production Department/Broadcast Centre in respect to additional content, on-site camera hire, working areas and ad hoc broadcaster queries.
- Work collaboratively across all F1 departments (including Sponsorship, Marketing and Hospitality) to organise access for special projects and activations, ensuring the crews involved have the correct access. Monitor the execution of such projects.
- Work with the Hospitality Team to ensure that Broadcast Partners are aware of any activations they want promoting.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Confident problem-solving abilities.
- ability to work well under pressure and keep to very tight deadlines.
- Motivated team player
- Ability to show appropriate discretion with sensitive information.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Flexible work ethic.