Formula 1 was acquired by Liberty Media Corporation (“Liberty”) in January 2017. Liberty is a US based, Nasdaq listed, entity which through its ownership of interests in subsidiaries and other companies is primarily engaged in the media, entertainment and communications industries globally. This provides a unique opportunity for a bright ACA qualified accountant to gain significant exposure to a dynamic finance environment in an iconic global sports entertainment business revolving around the world’s most widely watched annual global sporting competition.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will work within a team where their responsibilities will include the following:
• Assistance with structured group month-end close.
• To act as primary support for the accounting function of certain subsidiaries. • Monthly consolidation of group companies.
• Involvement in the budget and forecast processes for certain subsidiaries/functions.
• Preparation of client assistant package for auditors.
• Liaison with auditors.
• Ad hoc projects.
Experience & Skills Required
• The candidate should be ACA qualified.
• Ideally completed training at a Big 4 firm.
• The stronger the academic history demonstrated the better the chance the candidate will have of being selected for the role.
EXPERIENCE (YEARS AND NATURE)
• Exposure to multi-currency consolidations and large group structures.
• Strong Excel skills are a prerequisite.
• Good IFRS knowledge is required.
• US GAAP knowledge/exposure would be beneficial.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES THAT WOULD BE HIGHLY BENEFICIAL.
• A meticulous worker who displays due attention to detail.
• A dedicated team player who is prepared to work longer hours during certain key points of the year when deadlines need to be met.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Someone who is able to apply a structured approach towards balancing multiple demands and priorities