FC Dallas is seeking a Communications Intern. This team member works directly with the Media & Communications department. During this internship, the intern will grow their experience in various areas including but not limited to media relations, social media, content creation, storytelling and communications.
This internship will allow the individual to gain valuable experience with a professional sports organization for their future in the sports, and entertainment industry.
What You’ll Do:
● Assist with the communications department in media relations and communications work
● Assist the content team in social media and storytelling
● Work on matchday, media availability sessions and press conferences
● Transcribe player and coach quotes
● Write player bios, gather game notes, research stats
● Help gather daily/weekly clips for the executive team
● An avid sports fan with some soccer knowledge.
● Passionate, positive, and a self-starter student.
● Able to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
● Capable of working under pressure while juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
● Required to be able to work a flexible schedule to include some nights, weekends and holidays based on game schedule.
● Must be an active college student.
● Excellent interpersonal plus verbal and written communication skills.
● Able to edit photos, documents, and graphics.
● Strong organizational and time management skills.
● Bilingual (Spanish, Portuguese) is helpful, but not required.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and, therefore, pledges to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other protected class. This pledge applies to all employees and applicants for employment in connection with the material terms and conditions of employment, including without limitation: recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, demotions, treatment during employment, benefits, compensation, leave of absence, training, or terminations. Supervisors who control these actions are responsible for fair and equal application to all employees. It is the Company’s intention to comply with all federal and state equal opportunity laws and executive orders forbidding any type of discrimination against employees or applicants.
The Company is committed to maintaining an atmosphere where all employees can perform their duties free from harassment and intimidation based on race, color, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other protected class. Employees are encouraged to accept their share of responsibility for successfully carrying out this pledge.