We are dedicated to the beautiful game and its development in every corner of the world and in all of its aspects.
We are now looking for a Member Associations, Governance Services Manager that is part of FIFA and supports us on our mission.
These are your key tasks:
• Member associations case management (crisis prevention and crisis management): providing general advice and support with regard to a wide range of issues encountered by the member associations and other stakeholders
• Drafting statutes and specific regulations of member associations and providing advice on general sports legal issues
• Providing advice on external regulations and laws impacting good governance (national sports law, judicial system, arbitration)
• Taking care of general and day-to-day administrative matters
• Investigating and evaluating governance-related issues within member associations as well as suggesting practical and legally sound solutions to resolve them
• Carrying out on-site missions to assist member associations and leading meetings with the relevant stakeholders, including governmental bodies
• Corresponding with member associations (writing of letters and emails; filing; etc.) and participating in virtual meetings with member associations and other stakeholders
• Contributing to the development and upgrading of good governance tools (revising statutes and regulations of member associations/using the FIFA model statutes and other good governance tools)
• Supervising the activities and work of normalisation committees established by FIFA and dealing with the related administrative matters (contracts, setting up of meetings, etc.)
• Contacting and coordinating with member associations and other stakeholders (confederations, leagues, regional associations, etc.)
• Coordinating with the relevant FIFA department/divisions on various matters involving member associations
• Collaborating with the FIFA Legal & Compliance Division on specific complex legal issues and court cases (CAS, ordinary courts, arbitration)
• Analysing external legal texts, including national sport laws, impacting the member associations and their governance
• Contributing to the agenda of the meetings of the Member Associations Committee
• Assisting the Head of MA Governance in ensuring the smooth functioning of the department and replacing him/her in case of absence
How will you shape the role and make it your own?
We work hard at FIFA.
We are dedicated, ambitious and innovative.
And we respect our values. Always.
For all roles, we seek talented people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global mindset.
The specific competencies we require for this position are:
• University Degree in law or international relations
• Experience in multicultural working environment
• Good sense of planning
• MS Office
• Good analytical skills
• Ability to synthesize and report clearly
• Attention to detail
• Sensitivity towards other cultures
• Patience, flexibility and quick reactions
• Diplomacy and integrity, respect, authenticity
• Calm and resistance to pressure, frustration and stress
• Experience in an international political or sport environment (international organisation; NGO; diplomatic service, international sport federation)