Maintain optimal general utility and sanitation systems functions, inclusive of backflow testing and certification throughout the assigned work areas.
- Performs a variety of plumbing maintenance activities; including: preventative maintenance, routine building up-keep, repairs and fulfillment of work orders.
- Assists in managing water retention system through our cistern, water treatment facilities, and cooling towers.
- Provides professional safe service related to all venue plumbing and water systems.
- Maintains applicable documentation and records of work activities through the CMMS system.
- Meets with potential contractors working in the building and offers input related to the day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Maintains maintenance and storage areas and keeps in exquisite working condition.
- Familiarity and ability to adhere to OSHA and other applicable safety codes.
- Position shall operate, maintain, perform and supervise work related to maintenance of plumbing installations, plumbing equipment, and plumbing services.
- Monitor and secure the safekeeping of plumbing and facility equipment and supplies in accordance with current building and safety codes.
- Monitor, review and implement operational techniques to enhance efficiencies and maintain all systems in accordance with applicable codes.
- Monitor and maintain test operations of fire pumps and fire suppression system serve as liaison to vendor and contractors related to this task.
- Monitor grease trap and waste water reports and oversee compliance.
- Repair irrigation and water leaks per code as required.
- Repair and replace sinks, fixtures, and low flow urinals toilets.
- Drain cleaning and jetting as needed.
- Welding/ pipe fitting MIG- TIG and brazing as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The colleague frequently is required to climb or balance. The colleague is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The colleague must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with assistance from another person. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The colleague must regularly work in all indoor and outdoor environments.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED), and two (2) years of college or technical school preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years experience as a plumber/welder for a major commercial plumbing firm or comparable position.
- Prefer three (3) years experience in a plumber/welder capacity with a multi-purpose facility servicing major exhibitions, entertainment, or meeting oriented events. Experience may serve as a substitute for education on the basis of two (2) years experience for one (1) year education.
- Working knowledge and operation of hand powered tools, conduit binder and light construction equipment (e.g., forklift, Genie Lift, skid loader).
- NFPA certification not required but preferred.
- Journeyman plumber and Cross-Connection Control, State of Michigan certification required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be customer service oriented and maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times.
- Must have a keen awareness of working environment; “you see – you respond” meaning pick up trash, wrappers, paper, litter, or any other debris you see to keep our building clean at all times.
- This is a Full-time position requiring flexible schedules possible first, second and third shift rotation.
- Must enjoy helping others and working within a team environment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time, meet tight deadline and function under stress.
- Proactive in seeking out positive interactions with both guest and coworkers and interested in maintaining those positive relationships.
- Must enjoy speaking and interacting with others in a warm, friendly, and respectful manner.
- Must be available to attend all necessary training as a prerequisite for employment.
- Ability to stand, walk or walk up and down stairs throughout an event.
- Ability to operate software on a mobile platform.
- Ability to read and comprehend manuals, blueprints, sketches, and drawings.
- Knowledge of advanced plumbing repair and operations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.