The Producer/Editor is primarily responsible for editorial video content for the Detroit Tigers and Comerica Park. This position will plan and coordinate all aspects of video projects. They will create and develop multimedia (audio/video) content for assigned areas of support, internal company videos and other enterprise-wide projects. They will have responsibility to create and plan for prerecorded or live presentations or meetings that can take place within the building or exterior. This person will work within a team to manage video shoots, develop story ideas and produce unique content. This position will involve travel, non-traditional work hours and heavy lifting.
- Development of video content as needed for areas of support.
- Develop and maintain standards of video development and review for a collaborative environment.
- Create weekly production schedules.
- Plan video, photo, meetings, and live event shoots. Scout, select, and reserve shoot locations. Conduct interviews and develop segments as needed.
- Obtain and distribute props, music, and studio equipment needed to complete productions.
- Maintain and manage video and photo library.
- Manage scheduling and equipment for production studio.
- Collaborate with other departments and corporate entities and help create the video production on other company projects as needed.
- Stay current on new web video technologies and industry trends. Make recommendations to continually innovate and improve operations and enhance the video experience.
- Make recommendations regarding growth of the department in terms of talent needed as well as hardware and software solutions.
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be part of line production for sports games.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism, communications or related field. Experience may be considered in lieu of a formal degree.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in video production, sports or news environment preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Shown understanding of the functionality of the Tricaster TC1 system and how it integrates into the AV system.
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards.
- Evidence of creativity and innovation in developing project and story ideas.
- Proficiency with media editing software; Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects.
- Understanding of video encoding, codecs and formatting projects for appropriate channels.
- Evidence of highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible and non-traditional schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel and to adhere to corporate travel policies.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of or previous experience working in food, sports, or entertainment environment.
- Knowledge of the sport of hockey or baseball.
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Exposure to high noise level.
- Frequent visual/auditory attention.
- While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly exposed to a facility environment, outside weather conditions, extreme cold/heat, chemicals, electricity, moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, and fumes or airborne particles.
- Required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The colleague frequently is required to sit. The colleague is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The colleague must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires long periods of time on feet.
All items listed above are illustrative and not comprehensive. They are not contractual in nature and are subject to change at the discretion of Detroit Tigers.
Detroit Tigers is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company will strive to provide reasonable accommodations to permit qualified applicants who have a need for an accommodation to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a job interview) if so requested.