This position is designed to assist with department activities, programs, planning, and general office responsibilities.
- Assist in roster preparation, updating player files, preparing spreadsheets, and other organizational tasks as assigned.
- Assisting with various duties with Player Development staff (Front Office, Coordinators, Managers, Coaches, and Support Staff).
- Summarize game reports and distribute to organizational personnel.
- Major League and Minor League Spring Training assistance as needed.
- The intern will also handle airport pickups and errands. Some duties include coordinating, tracking, and providing all ground transportation for all players and Player Development staff arriving and departing from Lakeland.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- The ideal candidate must be at least a college senior or recent graduate (within 6 months).
- The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ideal candidate must have excellent customer service skills
- The ideal candidate must have excellent organizational skills
- The ideal candidate must be available full-time The ideal candidate must be willing to work longs hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel Proficiency in speaking Spanish is a plus
- Office Environment Some evening, weekend, and holiday hours will be required
All items listed above are illustrative and not comprehensive. They are not contractual in nature and are subject to change at the discretion of Detroit Tigers.
Detroit Tigers is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company will strive to provide reasonable accommodations to permit qualified applicants who have a need for an accommodation to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a job interview) if so requested.