The position is responsible for operational support, daily operations, coordination of maintenance, housekeeping, painting, and carpentry in and around Comerica Park.
- Performs a variety of painting activities; including preventative maintenance, routine building up-keep, repairs and fulfillment of work orders.
- Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary.
- Complete maintenance service requests including painting, drywall, light carpentry, and general maintenance.
- Perform on call duties for on call emergencies rotation with other maintenance.
- Position shall operate, maintain, perform work related to maintenance of drywall repair, concrete repair, and carpentry tasks.
- Monitor and secure the safekeeping of paint and facility equipment and supplies in accordance with current building and safety codes.
- Maintains applicable documentation and records of work activities through the CMMS system.
- Meet with potential contractors working in the building and offers input related to the day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Maintains maintenance and storage areas and keeps in exquisite working condition.
- Familiarity and ability to adhere to OSHA and other applicable safety codes.
- Monitor, review and implement operational techniques to enhance efficiencies and maintain all systems in accordance with applicable codes.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, and loss of property and safety concerns promptly following reporting procedures.
- Verify and ensure proper stocking and inventory in supply rooms.
- Complete a full-building QA check with third party cleaning supervisor prior to releasing staff and communicating to supervisor and other manager of priorities to address.
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The colleague frequently is required to climb or balance. The colleague is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The colleague must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with assistance from another person. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The colleague must regularly work in all indoor and outdoor environments.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum three (3) years experience as Painter/Carpenter.
- Prefer one (1) year experience in a Painter/Carpenter capacity with a multi-purpose facility servicing major exhibitions, entertainment, or meeting oriented events.
- Working knowledge and operation of hand powered tools, conduit binder and light construction equipment (e.g., forklift, Genie Lift, skid loader).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be customer service oriented and maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times.
- Must have a keen awareness of working environment; “you see – you respond” meaning pick up trash, wrappers, paper, litter, or any other debris you see to keep our building clean at all times.
- This is a Full-time position requiring flexible schedules possible first, second and third shift rotation.
- Must enjoy helping others and working within a team environment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time, meet tight deadline and function under stress.
- Proactive in seeking out positive interactions with both guest and coworkers and interested in maintaining those positive relationships.
- Must enjoy speaking and interacting with others in a warm, friendly, and respectful manner.
- Must be available to attend all necessary training as a prerequisite for employment.
- Ability to stand, walk or walk up and down stairs throughout an event.
- Ability to operate software on a mobile platform.
- Frequent visual/auditory attention.
- Exposure to moderate noise level.
All items listed above are illustrative and not comprehensive. They are not contractual in nature and are subject to change at the discretion of Detroit Tigers.
Detroit Tigers is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company will strive to provide reasonable accommodations to permit qualified applicants who have a need for an accommodation to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a job interview) if so requested.