Detroit Tigers Affiliate Systems Operator
The Detroit Tigers are looking for Hawk-Eye and TrackMan systems operators to assist their affiliates day of game. This position will report to the Director, Performance Science.
- Toledo, OH
- Erie, PA
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Lakeland, FL
- Operate a Hawk-Eye or TrackMan system for each home game, arriving or logging into the system at least one hour prior to game time (or earlier, as requested).
- Communicate with appropriate support personnel to prepare systems and ensure smooth operations throughout the game.
- Verify system readiness, rosters, and pre-game information.
- Log necessary information for each play of the game, including but not limited to pitch types and roster changes.
- Closely monitor systems throughout the game, making necessary adjustments to ensure quality data is captured.
- Verify logged data to ensure accuracy.
- Review previously logged data for accuracy and make corrections, as necessary.
- Complete all post-game processing steps as required.
- Communicate with Baseball Information Assistants to share data, as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Qualified candidate must be motivated, well organized, and detail orientated.
- Previous experience using Hawk-Eye or TrackMan software is preferred but not required.
- Preferred candidate lives in proximity to affiliate location.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Availability for every home game as determined by each affiliate’s schedule.
- Lakeland requires availability from beginning of Spring Training to end of Minor League schedule.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.