Detroit Tigers Baseball Tracking Systems Operators
The Detroit Tigers are looking for baseball tracking systems operators to assist with their game day operations at the affiliate level. This position will report to the Director, Performance Science.
- Operate the Hawk-Eye or TrackMan system for each home game, arriving at least one hour prior to game time (or earlier, as requested).
- Verify system readiness, rosters and pre-game information.
- Log necessary information for each play of the game, including but not limited to pitch types and roster changes.
- Communicate with Detroit Tigers staff or Hawk-Eye/TrackMan support staff to ensure proper data quality.
- Verify logged data to ensure accuracy post game and upload data.
- Provide data and reports to Baseball Information Assistants at conclusion of game, as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Qualified candidate must be motivated, well organized, and detail orientated.
- Qualified candidate must have basic working knowledge of baseball.
- Previous experience using Hawk-Eye or TrackMan software is preferred but not required.
- Preferred candidate lives in proximity to affiliate location.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Availability for every home game as determined by each affiliate’s schedule.
- Lakeland requires availability from beginning of Spring Training to end of Minor League schedule.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.