The Detroit Red Wings are looking to hire two Seasonal Stage Manager’s where they’ll play an integral role in the conception, planning, development, and execution of game presentation elements and secondary events for the Detroit Red Wings and Ilitch Sports + Entertainment. This includes working with department staff on idea generation, preparing elements needed (content/props/music/etc.), and being part of the show in a live arena environment. Collaboration with co-workers and other departments, clear communication, and organizational skills are essential.
- Act as a game night Stage Manager where you’ll assist in the coordination and activation of entertainment elements from pre- to post-game.
- Work closely with the Manager and Coordinator of Game Presentation to support entertainment groups such as the Huntington Bank Red Patrol, Carhartt Ice Crew, and the DRW Drumline
- Contribute new ideas for in-game features and experiences throughout the season for fans, that continue to evolve and enhance the game presentation, making it an industry leading experience
- Liaise with select per-game talent (DJs, Anthem, Organist, etc.)
- Oversee the submission and logging process of the Chevrolet Salute to Service Program along with DRW Youth Foundation Intermission Message Program
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of DRW secondary events such as viewing parties, college hockey events, college basketball events, etc.
- Support the management and care of in-game equipment, props, and supplies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal departments to develop engaging and effective in-game solutions.
- Contribute unique and strategic ideas to enhance various theme nights
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities of the Game Presentation department as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Sports Management or related discipline. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Experience in a prior role or similar field is a plus.
- Knowledge of creative entertainment and event logistics.
- Highly organized, strongly self-motivated, and the ability to multi-task activities.
- Strong decision making, problem resolution, and creative thinking skills.
- Experience working collaboratively in a team setting.
- Ability and willingness to work long and unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to workdays, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of sports and entertainment industry.
- Frequent visual/auditory attention.
- Exposure to high noise levels.
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above is intended to describe the key responsibilities, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities or nonessential requirements. Sports & Entertainment, Inc. has the right to change, modify, suspend, interrupt or cancel in whole or in part any job functions outlined in a job description at any time and without advance notice to the employee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.