- The Promotions and Special Events Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with all promotions and special events for the Detroit Red Wings.
Key Responsibilities / Skill Requirements:
- Assist in the planning and execution of all promotions and special events before, during and after Detroit Red Wings home games.
- Assist in the coordination of special events and theme nights.
- Coordinate all internal event communications.
- Work with Fan Development to identify, program and execute in-market activations to drive lead generation
- Coordinate hospitality and programming details surrounding VIP’s attending games
- Work with In game entertainment team to coordinate and assist when needed with all internal Pre-game ceremony requests.
- Research and identify promotional strategies within NHL and other professional sports for local implementation.
- Conduct research on event trends within NHL and other professional sports and implement new special events.
- Schedule and manage talent, promotional crews and vendors to execute activations and theme nights.
- Work with counterparts within the Marketing department to ensure department website, social media, and other digital content are up to date with relevant information, dates, and photos.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in sports administration, communications, marketing or business
- Event planning a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong customer service experience if preferable
- Computer skills required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel is required.
- Social Media skills are a plus
- Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge and passion of sports (particularly the NHL) and entertainment
- Working Conditions:
- Outdoor and office environment
- Position will need to work in various weather conditions
- Position is required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.