The Premium Sales Executive is responsible for driving sales of premium seating for the Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers and events held at 313 Presents venues including suites leases and rentals, club seats, and other revenue-generating programs through constant dialogue via meetings, telephone, email and prospecting.
Key Responsibilities / Skill Requirements:
- Responsible for achieving both individual and team sales goals
- Research, prospect and establish leads for corporate relationships through industry networking to sell annual and individual game premium inventory
- Prepare and deliver proposals and presentations to existing and prospective clients
- Cultivate new relationships and optimize existing accounts through outstanding customer service to drive revenue
- Work closely with Premium Service team to ensure contractual fulfillment with an emphasis towards maximizing revenue opportunities
- Communicate status of sales with the Manager/Director of Premium Sales by providing weekly reports on sales activity and results to track individual performance, inventory and revenue
- Coordinate face-to-face appointments every week in an effort to generate new business
- Sell a variety of other products including club seats, group and season tickets
- Serve as interface with ticket sales and sponsorship/ad sales to generate leads and maximize revenue potential
- Responsible for client entertainment at events (i.e. lunches and golf outings) and Suite hosting to cultivate business relationships
- Creating, organizing, implementing and executing benefits for clients
- Ensure client information is current and updated in CRM.
- Create internally hosted events to promote awareness and generate revenue.
- Attend industry related networking functions
Supplemental Job Functions:
• All other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, marketing communications or related field
- 2-4 years sales experience in sports/entertainment related, media or sales field
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
- Assertive, competitive, passionate, goal orientated and a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities, develop account strategies, and negotiate creative solutions
- Have a friendly, professional and confident telephone manner
- Excellent time management and organizational skills - must be able to manage schedule to achieve daily and weekly goals for calls, appointments and sales
- Self-starter with ability to multitask and maintain deadlines in a high-paced environment
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, with an ability to think and react to situations confidently
- Ability to work long or unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must possess knowledge of all Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Experience in the entertainment industry preferred
• Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Exposure to high noise level
• Frequent visual/auditory attention
• Working in an arena environment with varying temperatures
• Lifting equipment that weighs up to 25 pounds
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above is intended to describe the key responsibilities, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities or nonessential requirements. Sports & Entertainment, Inc. has the right to change, modify, suspend, interrupt or cancel in whole or in part any job functions outlined in a job description at any time and without advance notice to the employee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.