The Detroit Red Wings are currently seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer. This role will be responsible for development and maintenance of software projects within Hockey Operations. This position will report to the Director of Statistical Analysis within Hockey Operations.
- Perform development and maintenance on internal software products.
- Utilize modern software techniques and best practices in all parts of the software lifecycle.
- Support the integration of hockey analysis into our proprietary tools and applications.
- Assist with the design and development of new software products.
- Other projects or responsibilities as directed by Hockey Operations leadership.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications in a production environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern web development including at least one popular single-page web application framework.
- Experience working with large-scale relational databases using SQL.
- Ability to work in all phases of the product lifecycle, including requirements-gathering, design, testing, and implementation.
- Ability to learn new technologies and techniques as necessary.
- Familiarity with the sport of hockey, hockey-specific data, and modern statistical techniques.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated proficiency with HTML/CSS/JS and React JS + Node JS/Vue JS.
- Experience in the sports industry or with sports data.
- Experience working on cloud-based software systems.
- Experience with integrating applications with APIs and JSON data.
- Understanding of User Experience principles and practices.
- Experience developing data driven web applications.
- Occasional evening, weekend, and holiday hours may be required.
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or nonessential requirements. Detroit Red Wings, Inc. has the right to change, modify, suspend, interrupt, or cancel in whole or in part any job functions outlined in a job description at any time and without advance notice to the employee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.