The Detroit Red Wings are currently seeking a full-time Data Analyst in the Hockey Operations Department. This role will be responsible for performing analyses and conducting research within Hockey Operations. This position will report to the Director of Statistical Analysis within Hockey Operations.
- Perform advanced quantitative analysis to support Hockey Operations decision-making, including predictive modeling and player projection systems.
- Complete ad hoc data queries and effectively present analysis using written reports and data visualizations.
- Assist with the integration of hockey analysis into our proprietary tools and applications.
- Monitor, identify and recommend new or emerging techniques, technologies, models, and algorithms.
- Other projects as directed by Hockey Operations leadership team.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated expert-level knowledge of hockey-specific data and modern statistical techniques.
- Expertise with SQL and relational databases is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with R, Python, or comparable statistical scripting language.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult and complex concepts to colleagues possessing a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives.
- Degree or equivalent experience in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or a related quantitative field.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as dictated by the hockey calendar.
- Passion for hockey and robust understanding of current hockey research.
- Experience analyzing and building models with spatio-temporal data preferred but not required.
- Evening, weekend, and holiday hours may be required.
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or nonessential requirements. Detroit Red Wings, Inc. has the right to change, modify, suspend, interrupt, or cancel in whole or in part any job functions outlined in a job description at any time and without advance notice to the employee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.