Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering epic experiences for our fans, team members, community, and the world. Fueled by a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture, we strive to recruit individuals that will be enthusiastic and purposeful in carrying out our vision as Transformative Leaders in Sports and Entertainment. If you are ready to work in the fast-paced and high-energy setting of the Cavs, Monsters, Charge, Legion and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse— then we want to talk to YOU!
The Cleveland Cavaliers are seeking a Manager, Corporate Partnership Development to drive revenue through innovation and strategic execution. The organization is looking for a proven leader looking to take the next step in his or her career in the sports industry to manage budgets, pipelines and develop staff. The successful candidate will have experience selling corporate partnerships and a proven track record of achieving goals, setting strategic sales campaigns, and developing mutually beneficial partnerships. Additionally, this person must have excellent communication and presentation skills, experience negotiating six- and seven-figure per annum deals, and a proven track record of cultivating and maintaining strong relationships both internally and externally in the market with clients and as a civic leader. This position reports to the Senior Director of Global Corporate Partnerships.
- Prospects new business clients by researching prospective companies.
- Delivers effective presentations which satisfy prospects’ needs through various combinations of Cavaliers marketing elements including digital content, digital and linear media, bold activation spaces, custom retail initiatives, branding, promotions, social impact efforts, and premium giveaways.
- Works closely within NBA team counterparts to understand best practices, our position compared to league deals, category opportunities, and emerging categories.
- Utilizes CRM daily to record and track progress.
- Entertains and nurtures relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Responsible for a personal new business development goal across the Cleveland Cavaliers, Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, Cleveland Monsters (AHL), Canton Charge (NBA G-League) and Cavs Legion GC (NBA 2k).
- Reacts to and overcomes problems or objections; executes contract and coordinates billing process.
- Follows-up on all deadlines, making sure all materials are on time.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in communications or marketing.
- Must have a minimum of two years Sales experience in the major league sports industry.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have solid understanding of digital sales and cultivation of revenue through content.
- Must be available to work Arena events, including all Cavaliers home games.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Proficient in sales strategy, cultivation and negotiation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce and other related computer skills required.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high level executive positions.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
- Must be a team player.