Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering epic experiences for our fans, team members, community, and the world. Fueled by a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture, we strive to recruit individuals that will be enthusiastic and purposeful in carrying out our vision as Transformative Leaders in Sports and Entertainment. If you are ready to work in the fast-paced and high-energy setting of the Cavs, Monsters, Charge, Legion and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse— then we want to talk to YOU!
Reporting to the Director, Development Operations, the Junior Application Developer contributes to various parts of the product/application life cycle, including assisting with concept design, prototyping, testing, and deployment. The role primarily involves writing Python code for AWS cloud services integrations. Common tasks for this position include the development of APIs, database ETLs, and integrations for various vendor platforms. The successful candidate will have 1-2 years of experience in a backend coding language and proficiency with respect to relational databases. All members of the team are dedicated to continuous improvement of development and operational processes through modern DevOps principles.
Note: This is an onsite position; the Junior Application Developer will be working onsite at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse a minimium of four days per week, with the opportunity for one remote day per week.
- Write, deploy, and maintain well-designed, testable, efficient code guided by DevOps best practices.
- Design REST APIs and integrations to connect applications with internal and third-party services.
- Develop ETLs and scripts to migrate, transform, and load data between databases and data warehouses.
- Build reusable libraries, tools, and components using Python and associated frameworks.
- Implement application infrastructure, workflows, and services on AWS cloud platforms.
- Build solutions within the Microsoft Office365 environment, including, but not limited to, SharePoint and the Microsoft Power Platform environment.
- Run and debug code, identifying issues and providing fixes.
- Document code and technical designs for long term maintenance.
- Hone requester specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Integrate agile principles and mindsets into day-to-day work such as delivering often, embracing change, and valuing working software.
- 1-2 years experience with a backend programming language.
- Proficiency with a relational database language.
- Experience developing and consuming REST APIs.
- Experience with data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Understanding of git version control system.
- Adherence to software development and security best practices.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Commitment to agile principles such as delivering often, embracing change, and valuing working software.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and adjust based on the business’s needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services (EC2, S3, Lambda, etc.).
- Commitment to object-oriented design principles.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office 365 Environment and the Microsoft Power Platform.
- Experience with the Serverless framework.
- Experience with Postman for API prototyping.
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- Experience with test-driven development.