Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering epic experiences for our fans, team members, community, and the world. Fueled by a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture, we strive to recruit individuals that will be enthusiastic and purposeful in carrying out our vision as Transformative Leaders in Sports and Entertainment. If you are ready to work in the fast-paced and high-energy setting of the Cavs, Monsters, Charge, Legion and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse— then we want to talk to YOU!
Under the direction of the Building Crew Manager, the Building Crew Team Member performs various tasks to prepare the facility for events or work projects. Executes duties in support of facility and equipment operations and special projects as assigned. The general work shift is from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but overtime will be required and hours may vary from the facility schedule.
- Drives a forklift or walkie rider lift truck to unload truck deliveries at the loading docks.
- Removes/installs hockey glass and team benches in the FieldHouse hockey configuration to prepare for basketball or hockey games.
- Drives the Zamboni (ice resurfacing machine) to resurface the ice sheet in preparation of hockey games and other ice related events.
- Removes portable seats in preparation of televised basketball games, hockey games or traveling entertainment events.
- Shovels snow around the perimeter of the FieldHouse and related public areas.
- Sets up tables and chairs in the FieldHouse banquet rooms in preparation of meeting functions.
- Drives portable power scrubbing machine to clean concrete areas within the facility.
- Sets up chairs, portable staging and risers in preparation of concerts or other special events.
- Assist Housekeeping staff with wiping down chairs, trash removal, mopping and other daily duties on multiple show days or when needed.
- Assist at other facilities when necessary, including the Cleveland Clinic Courts and any other facilities under the family of companies.
- Set-up and take down of the Court Club trussing as well as tables and chairs in this area.
- Run errands outside of the building including pick-ups and/or drop-offs using company vehicles.
- Ensure all company vehicles are clean and gassed up on a weekly and/or daily basis.
- Ability to drive a truck with a trailer attached to it.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by team leader.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- 1-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Have a valid, Ohio driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Be (or be willing to become) a member of I.A.T.S.E. Local B27.
- Be reliable, dependable and punctual.
- Be able to lift 80-120 pounds on a regular basis.
- Be mechanically inclined.
- Be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Be able to communicate, understand and follow verbal directions.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule and work extra hours as necessary.