Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering epic experiences for our fans, team members, community, and the world. Fueled by a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture, we strive to recruit individuals that will be enthusiastic and purposeful in carrying out our vision as Transformative Leaders in Sports and Entertainment. If you are ready to work in the fast-paced and high-energy setting of the Cavs, Monsters, Charge, Legion and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse— then we want to talk to YOU!
Reporting to the Sr Manager, Accounts Payable, the Accounts Payable Specialist is primarily focused on accounts payable activities and will be a key contributor on the accounting team. Based on the seasonality of our business, the role will also have some more general responsibilities supporting accounts receivable and other aspects of the accounting process. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, has strong organizational skills, is a team player and eager to make a difference.
- Ensure timely and efficient processing of vendor invoices in line with department procedures.
- Identify and resolve 3-way match issues between the purchase order, receiving ledger, and invoice.
- Prepare and process weekly vendor payments via checks and ACH transfers.
- Monitor shared AP mailbox for invoice submissions and other correspondence.
- Reconcile and research vendor statements to resolve discrepancy issues in a timely manner.
Accounts Receivable & other:
- Deposit checks and applying cash receipts to the accounts receivable ledger.
- Open mail and distribute to appropriate individuals within the accounting department.
- Other special assignments as needed.
Note: This is an onsite position; the Accounts Payable Specialist will be working onsite at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse a minimium of four days per week, with the opportunity for one remote day per week.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Education– High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in business is preferred.
- Experience– 3-5 years of Accounts Payable experience required.
- Technology – Working knowledge of Microsoft tools including Outlook, Excel, Word and Teams.
- Knowledge of Great Plains or a similar accounting platform is preferred.