Job Title: Spring Training Intern
Department: Baseball Operations – Arizona Operations
Reports To: Coordinator, Arizona Operations
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Term: Spring Training season (approx. February 1 – March 30)
Commitment: 10-29 hours per week; may include nights, weekends and holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with preparation and execution of special events at Reds Development Complex and Goodyear Ballpark.
- Answer and transfer incoming calls.
- Greet and assist visitors in a professional manner.
- Assist with VIP tours of the Cincinnati Reds Development Complex.
- Distribution of newspapers and mail to departments.
- Transportation to and from airports/hotels/etc. for Reds personnel.
- Potential to perform in mascot suit or to escort mascot performer at Ballpark and community appearances.
- Receive, log, distribute, and process USPS/UPS/FedEx packages.
- Stock general office supplies and refreshments throughout the complex.
- Assist in keeping the complex organized, orderly and clean.
- Assist multiple Reds personnel/departments with various other assignments.
- Assist in other operational, administrative and customer service duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, good grammar, voice, and diction, strong interpersonal skills and a team-oriented spirit to provide exceptional service.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and be a self-starter.
- Strong work ethic.
Experience, Education and Licensure
- Prior work experience in at least one business setting and one sports setting preferred.
- Have interest in sports business and have earned/are currently pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree in a related area of study.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and some overtime, if necessary.
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Ability to lift and transport items up to 55 lbs.
- Willing to relocate. Internship is located in Goodyear, Arizona.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
- Perform duties as workload necessitates.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Meet department productivity standards.
- Willingness to learn. Open to new methodologies.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
You MUST complete your application in the third-party system to be considered. Once you click "Apply Now" you will be redirected to finish your application. Applicants who do not complete this step will not be considered.