Job Title: P&G MLB Cincinnati Reds Youth Academy Intern
Department: Reds Community Fund (RCF)
Reports To: Outreach Manager
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Term: September 2023 – December 2023 (flexible)
Commitment: 20-30 hours per week
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet Department productivity standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for handling key day to day operations for the P&G MLB Cincinnati Reds Youth Academy (RYA) site and programs including but not limited to, program set up and execution, assistance with participant recruitment, site management, and participant tracking systems.
- Responsible for recording, tracking and communicating RYA program attendance accordingly.
- Administrative duties will include managing the participant application process, reception desk processes, placing equipment/apparel orders, inventory organization & management, etc.
- Gain a thorough understanding of, and assist in the execution of site/facility operations processes.
- Assist in planning and execution of the RYA camps/clinics throughout programming season.
- Assist in the recruiting of RYA program participants, coaches/instructors and volunteers.
- Assist in maintaining RYA web information, social media and baseball/softball video programs.
- Assist with Reds Community Fund outreach and fundraising events as needed
- Prior work experience in at least one business setting and one sports setting (preferred)
- Have interest in sports business and have earned/are currently pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree in a related area of study
- Must have an available schedule that will allow the ability to work approximately 20-30 hours a week including nights, weekends & holidays during the period of September 2023 – December 2023.
- Must have an outgoing, friendly personality and excellent communication skills, strong initiative, and high level of energy.
- Must have good time management skills and present self in a professional manner with a passion for sports.
- Must have the ability to handle and coordinate large groups of people in a secure and sensitive area.
- Should have some experience working with kids, exhibiting an ability to be patient and understanding (preferred).
- Should have prior baseball/softball experience with a strong understanding of the fundamentals. (preferred)
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- This is a seasonal opportunity, and no benefits will be provided
- Seasonal staff members are paid a minimum wage of $10.10/hour
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment however each seasonal staff member will have responsibilities where the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Hours may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.