Job Title: Minor League Affiliate Pitching Coach – Dominican Republic
Department: Baseball Operations – Player Development
Reports To: Minor League Pitching Coordinators
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountability for individual growth
- Timely and completion of assignments designed for personal education and alignment with organizational philosophies
- Seeks own personal growth goals, shares content with other coaches, acts as a leader in self-improvement
- Demonstrate familiarity and improved knowledge in the following areas:
- Mechanical instruction (pitching mechanics, communication to players, constraint-led training)
- Pre-Throw/Throwing/Post-Throw Programs and drills
- Pitching technology (Edgertronic, Rapsodo, TrackMan)
- Biomechanics (SIMI, pitchAI)
- Slack and Zoom
- Help our pitchers achieve the best possible outcomes
- Hold pitchers accountable for their own development
- Maintain standards of throwing program, pitch execution, and pitching metrics
- Monitor player plans and ensure that goals and processes are being executed
- Provide video feedback
- Complete post-game and post-bullpen reports
- Fulfill post-game and post-bullpen expectations
- Communicate exceptionally well
- Relying on asynchronous methods like Slack
- Solid written skills for reports, emails, presentations, content for coaches and players
- Fast response times on critical issues
- Align preparations for games with organizational standards (meetings, advance report review, TruMedia usage).
- As assigned, report to team facilities and provide high-quality on-field instruction at offseason mini-camps, Arizona Fall League, or other organized team minor league activities.
- Evaluate our pitchers for the likely realignment of affiliates and levels in future seasons.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Independent judgment and ability to multitask is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work long, flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Job involves a high amount of travel. Willingness to work from the road is essential.
- Must be trustworthy and discreet.
- High level of interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with wide range of departments, seniority levels and personalities.
- Understanding of typical baseball data structures, plus knowledge of current baseball research and traditional baseball statistics and strategy.
Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Player Development and/or Scouting experience with a professional baseball club preferred.
- Experience playing college and/or professional baseball preferred.
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- Spoken and written fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to travel within the United States and internationally.
- Willing to relocate.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
- Perform duties as workload necessitates.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Meet Department productivity standards.
- Willingness to learn. Open to new methodologies.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
You MUST complete your application in the third-party system to be considered. Once you click "Apply Now" you will be redirected to finish your application. Applicants who do not complete this step will not be considered.