Department: Baseball Operations – Major League Team
Job Title: Major League Hitting Analyst Intern
Reports To: Major League Hitting Coach
Job Purpose: Work closely with Major League hitting coaches, analytics department, and sport science department to facilitate the use and analysis of hitting related data, information, and technology
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor, analyze, and deliver in-game hitter data to hitting coaches for interpretation and application
- Create reporting and flagging systems for actionable insights from in-game data
- Manage deployment and maintenance of all hitting technology
- Collaborate with analytics, sport science, and video departments to build analysis tools and provide actionable insights into hitter performance
- Contribute to research studies and projects with sports science and analytics
- Be available for on-call analysis while the team is on the road
- Assist hitting coaches when needed with preparing hitters (e.g., feed tee or machine, flips, batting practice, etc.)
- Assist with production and distribution of advance information for hitting coaches
- Be a resource for hitting coaches with limited player interaction
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in TruMedia, Microsoft Office, and Google Drive
- High-level listening, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to develop trust and synergy with hitting coaches and all Reds staff and players
- Strong collaborator who is adaptive and values teamwork with all Reds departments
- Possesses a strong work ethic, growth mindset, and motivation to think and work objectively
- English and Spanish language proficiency a plus
Experience, Education, and Licensure:
- Experience playing college and/or professional baseball preferred
- Experience using various forms of hitting technology, including but not limited to:
- Blast Motion
- Force Plates
- Preferred but not required:
- Coaching Experience
- Statistical Analysis skills
- Coding, Data Science (e.g., RStudio, Python, SQL)
- Biomechanics experience
- Willingness to work long, flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Excellent work ethic and outstanding attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a locker room/clubhouse, on the field, and outdoors where the employee will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Must be able to work with a diverse group of people possessing different backgrounds, personalities, levels of education, and native languages
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
- Perform duties as workload necessitates.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Meet department productivity standards.
- Willingness to learn. Open to new methodologies.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
You MUST complete your application in the third-party system to be considered. Once you click "Apply Now" you will be redirected to finish your application. Applicants who do not complete this step will not be considered.