Job Title: Business Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Business Analytics Manager
FLSA: Salary, Exempt
The Business Analyst will be responsible for working with the data development team as well as stakeholders to provide information and insight regarding business decisions. The Analyst will be responsible for conducting analyses to identify key factors that drive revenue as it relates to Sales and Marketing. The business analyst will also be responsible for identifying data trends with high probability in driving sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain reports and dashboards that visualize sales lead campaigns as well as key performance indicators
- Use historical data and predictive tools to assist in sales expectations and goals
- Support sales lead strategy, including the execution of campaigns, data collection, segmentation, lead scoring, and lead distribution
- Perform ad hoc analysis to assist with strategic planning and business development
- Find and evaluate new data sources
- Develop SQL queries and database modeling
- Understand and build machine learning algorithms
- Collaborate with teams to identify opportunities for machine learning applications
- Develop analytics models that can be used for advanced data discovery and reporting
- Integrate market research data with our CRM and CDP systems to create new leads
- Manage various projects and work closely with senior management to interpret findings
- Provide quantitative analysis and data‐driven insights on subjects including: pricing decisions, customer-led scoring, attendance forecasting, market segmentation, sponsorship evaluation, email marketing, and customer retention.
Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Marketing Research, Statistics, or other related fields
- 3-5 years of related work experience in analytics and/or data development
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, R or other related programming languages
- Proficiency in reporting tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Experience building/using analytics models – Regression Analysis, Predictive Analysis, Cluster Modeling
- Experience using Google Big Query
- Understand advancements in machine learning and AI
- Proficiency in Excel (e.g. basic modeling, graphing and analysis)
- Candidate must be detailed oriented and proactive
- Excellent writing and communication skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Windows software
- Able to communicate effectively with employees at all levels in the organization
- Project Management experience with an emphasis on meeting deadlines
- Challenge oriented and problem solving
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet Department productivity standards
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
You MUST complete your application in the third-party system to be considered. Once you click "Apply Now" you will be redirected to finish your application. Applicants who do not complete this step will not be considered.