JOB TITLE: Manager, Fan Engagement
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director, Audience Development
The Manager, Fan Engagement plays a critical role in expanding the Cubs relationship with specific communities and target audiences. They’ll create and maintain a seasonal promotions calendar that motivates people to participate with the Cubs brand and generates incremental foot traffic and sales. They’ll help develop special ticket bundles, souvenir items, brand collaborations and cultural celebrations that can be activated throughout the year, with an emphasis on baseball season. They’ll work closely with marketing, ticketing, communications, game presentation, corporate partnerships, operations and community affairs to bring all of these promotions to life. This role requires a creative mindset, a very collaborative workstyle and strong project management discipline.
- Help Marketing leadership develop seasonal promotions that appeal to specific audience segments and communities, resulting in incremental growth.
- Maintain an accurate promotional calendar that drives internal planning & execution as well as fan-facing messaging.
- Work with the cross-functional Fan Engagement team to determine how each promotion will be brought to life and serve as the lead project manager for those collective efforts.
- Coordinate the public announcement all promotions; providing key stakeholders with the information and insights they need to effectively promote them.
- Co-chair the cross-functional Fan Engagement meeting; developing the agenda and taking notes.
- Lead the design of all major fan-facing promotional items with an eye towards creativity and brand synergy, up to 50+ per season, including but not limited to wearables, bobbleheads and souvenir items.
- Manage the vendor selection, budget, production timeline and QA checks of all physical items produced in support of the promotional calendar.
- Be on-site whenever promotions are activated to troubleshoot any challenges as they arise.
- Analyze the ROI on each promotion and use those learnings to enhance future plans.
- Oversee the efforts of community-specific engagement programs such as CubsU college ambassadors.
- Contribute to the marketing department’s overall business and brand objectives throughout the year.
- Stay current on promotional trends and innovations that could enhance the team’s ROI.
- Degree in a relevant field of study from an accredited university
- 2+ years of relevant experience at a large brand or within an agency environment
- Track record of developing and executing marketing promotions that drive business results
- Basic understanding of customer segmentation and consumer insights
- Track record of successfully project managing several large-scale programs at the same time
- A mindset of continuous learning, improvement and innovation
- Excellent influencing skills; is able to bring divergent viewpoints together for successful outcomes
- Ability to work a varied, non-standard schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays
- Experience working within professional or collegiate sports is not required, but preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.