In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Part-Time Ice Technician
Reports to: Facility Manager
The Top Shelf:
The Part-Time Ice Technician is responsible for performing all tasks pertaining to ice maintenance and related equipment including safely operating the Zamboni at the Chicago Blackhawks Community Ice Arena.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Safely operate ice resurfacer (Zamboni)
- Perform routine ice maintenance
- Maintain all equipment related to ensuring the highest quality ice including edger, ice resurfacer, compressor room, etc.
- Regularly sharpen skates for clients and rental skate inventory (willing to train).
- Responsible for keeping all areas of the facility clean and organized.
- Maintaining a professional and organized demeanor when dealing with both internal and external guests and coworkers.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures to ensure a safe work ensure.
- Properly report and document incidents.
- Have excellent working knowledge of the facility as a whole.
Player Stats and Qualifications:
- High school degree, or equivalent training experience required.
- Excellent customer service skills, especially in difficult situations.
- Ability to recognize unsafe situations and respond accordingly.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Mechanically inclined
- Prior experience operating ice resurfacer strongly recommended, but not required (willing to train).
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Willingness to obtain knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective safety operations.
- CPR Certification preferred but not required. Ability to be certified after hire.
- Ability to problem solve and react in a calm manner to stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to address, adapt to, and overcome challenges in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated aptitude for driving results
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrates Chicago Blackhawks core values of integrity, curiosity, empathy, collaboration, and originality.
The Chicago Blackhawks is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.