At Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation we deliver excitement. Our mission is to connect people with sports and entertainment, and this is what we are truly passionate about. If you’d like to join a team that’s fast paced, diverse, energized and beyond passionate about delivering extraordinary experiences to our guests, then we’d love to sign you to a player's contract!
The Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation is currently looking for energetic, personable and outgoing individuals to fill the role of Mascot Performer. Reporting to the Manager, Game Presentation; The Mascot Performer is responsible for performing as the team mascot for the various teams under the Calgary Sports & Entertainment Corporation umbrella, interacting with fans and clients, and creating an exciting environment for the crowd at games and during assigned community events.
- Perform as the mascot for the various Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation teams (Calgary Stampeders – Ralph the Dog, Calgary Hitmen – Farley the Fox, Calgary Roughnecks – Howie the Honey Badger & Calgary Wranglers – Blasty the Bronco).
- Interact with fans, children, and clients while performing as the mascot.
- Perform an entertaining act that represents the Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation in a meaningful capacity.
- Create an entertaining atmosphere by engaging fans.
- Participate in promotions as outlined by the Game Presentation and Marketing staff.
- Perform as the mascot for community appearances and team events, as required.
- Active participation in the Safety Program and follow all safety rules.
- Other duties as required.
- Physically fit and capable of wearing a mascot suit for 3-4 hours at a time.
- Previous experience with mascot performing or performance arts is considered an asset.
- Experience in gymnastics, acrobatics or associated activity is considered an asset.
- Ability to work well with others and within a team environment.
- Passion for interacting and engaging with people.
- Outgoing, creative personality.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight time restraints.
- Schedule flexibility to work daytime, evening, and weekend shifts.