At Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation, we deliver excitement. Our mission is to connect people with sports and entertainment, and this is what we are truly passionate about. If you’d like to join a team that’s fast-paced, diverse, energized and beyond passionate about delivering extraordinary experiences to our guests, then we’d love to sign you to a player's contract!
The Banquet Chef is responsible for managing, coordinating, and participating in all activities of the cooks and other kitchen personnel in the Banquet Kitchen who are engaged in preparing and cooking food. Prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production produced by the Banquet Kitchen.
- Provide fun exciting food that is aligned with CSEC’s goals to better fan Experience
- Work in conjunction with Catering & Sales to ensure clients have menus in a timely manner and that all event orders are processed to ensure proper communication between departments
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of all Culinary Areas
- Maintain and strictly abide by provincial sanitation/Health regulations
- Evaluate food consumption, plan production, and order in conjunction with business volumes.
- Oversee production and manage food costs as determined by Executive Chef
- Cost menus, recipes, and production.
- Develops recipes & Syllabus Sheets for BOH & FOH
- Hands on Approach driving productivity & quality of food production
- Managing the hiring and performance management of culinary staff in the banquet kitchen to labour budget determined by the Executive Chef
- Understanding of Rational Ovens & Retherm process
- Ensure that all assigned staff have reported to work – document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
- Prepare and assign production and prep work for assigned staff to complete; review all priorities.
- Check Banquet Event Orders to ensure they are correct and complete.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Executive Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Ensure all cooks’ assignments are completed
- Monitor controls to minimize waste
- Work at off-premises functions as assigned.
- Attend designated meetings.
- Could be required for additional assistance in outlets.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 5 + years’ post certification with leadership and experience in a similar position working in a fast-paced production and catering and fine dining environment with multi-unit operation
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial information related to food, menu and labour costing
- Superior catering skills with a creative spirit
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives
- Financial and business development experience
- Superior customer service, team building, and conflict resolution skills
- Very strong communication, problem-solving, decision-making, and interpersonal skills
The deadline to apply is 5 PM Wednesday, November 8th, 2023.