After more than 60 years away from Formula One, Aston Martin returned to the grid in 2021. Based in Northamptonshire, Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™ Team has more than 700 passionate people at its heart, making a team with both a rich heritage and a fresh perspective – bringing new energy to the sport with a determination to shake up the order and compete at the sharp end.
The Aston Martin era represents the beginning of a new journey for us, but the racer’s attitude and can-do approach remain central pillars in the team’s philosophy. The focus is always on improving performance and delivering results. With fresh investment and energy, the stage is set to build on Aston Martin’s rich history in motorsport and establish Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™ Team as a competitive force in the years ahead.
To succeed on this mission, the team is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and hunger for competition. It’s a stimulating and rewarding place to work, with pure racing at the core of everything we do. We are building for a strong future and every member of the team will play an important role in our success.
We are a brave and united team who value authenticity, honesty, and are never afraid to question conventions. We embrace these values in ways that reflect our modern world. If you share our racer’s spirit and want to contribute to the next chapter in Aston Martin’s glorious history, please apply and join one of the most exciting projects in Formula One.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Race Team Coordinator within our Race Team Department.
Key skills & attributes:
- Previous experience as a garage Technician in a Formula One Team or similar environment
- Ability to demonstrate good working relationships with internal departments and outside suppliers
- To be available to travel as and when required to fulfil the requirements of a race team member.
- To be self-motivated and to motivate others to thrive in a challenging environment
- Ability to calmly and confidently work under pressure to achieve targets and deliver results within required timescales
- Ability to demonstrate strong written and oral communication and organisational skills
- Possess an innovative and flexible approach to creative problem solving and possess the ability to work through challenges in a scientific and analytical manner
- Be results orientated and be confident in your decision-making skills
- To have a flexible attitude and ability to work as part of a team in a demanding and rapidly changing environment
- To be flexible to working hours as required
- Be enthusiastic and versatile and be able to build and develop good working relationships with colleagues
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of and commitment to Health & Safety
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- To plan, organise and build garages for events, prepare race trucks and work areas as required
- To take operational lead on the set up, running and pack up of the equipment, chemicals, and arrangements of the facility at the race venue.
- To oversee and maintain the high standards of the garage presentation at all times during an event, ensuring a VIP experience for our sponsors and guests tours.
- To adhere to the schedule for the weekend and ensure readiness for session
- To Communicate effectively and adhere to radio protocol
- To ensure effective communication with Race Operations Manager/Sporting Director
- To actively participate in Pit stops as allocated and ensure training requests are adhered to.
- To organise garage set ups and pack-downs, whilst adhering to all H&S regulations.
- To Ensure safe and secure transportation of all equipment by road, air & sea
- To work proactively, responsibly, and professionally always and to respect and comply with the company’s reporting structure
- To maintain and develop skill levels to industry standard
- To drive Company vehicles as required to and from events in a safe and professional manner.
- To ensure the safe and timely transportation of team personnel during events.
- To attend meetings with 3rd parties as and when needed.
- To be able to make decisions confidently
- To be a point of contact for the race team for requirements during events
- To deal with FOM regarding Accreditation, Freight movements documentation and garage layouts as required
- To communicate requirements for circuit orders, whilst ensuring that they are kept within budget.
Aston Martin Formula One Team is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion, belief, sex or sexual orientation. We strive to be a Team that reflects all the communities with which we engage around the world through diversity in the workplace and promoting an inclusive culture in which all team members are respected, empowered and valued