Job Title: Creative Director
Department: Brand Marketing
Reporting: VP, Marketing
The Creative Director is responsible for leading and inspiring a team of talented creatives, encouraging a collaborative work environment, and challenging the team to push our ideas to the next level. We aim to elevate and grow our brand through compelling visual experiences and drive creative consistency across all internal and external platforms.
As the Coyotes Creative Director, you are a hands-on, creative leader, guiding interdisciplinary teams through research, creativity, design, and production to deliver compelling visuals, experiences, and content for the Coyotes. You maintain a strategic lens, skillfully and eloquently collaborating with multiple internal and external stakeholders to bring our brand to life. The Creative Director is a proven leader with exemplary aesthetic and design skills who thrives on the challenge of creating content for new formats. You have diverse stylistic, conceptual, and strategic approaches to design. You can pivot and collaborate with executive leadership to develop ideas that amplify the Coyotes' brand and creative approach to storytelling.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure brand consistency across all touchpoints.
- Stay on top of visual and video trends to help elevate Coyotes brand.
- Understands culture, and how sport, art, film, music, merchandise, and food influences fans passion for the Coyotes brand.
- Build, manage and mentor our in-house design team.
- Guide the video direction, creative ideation and execution for the Coyotes.
- Run periodical Creative meetings which include our content creation teams (Digital Media, Content/Production, and Creative Services).
- Be able to build storylines through the content being created - video + graphics.
- Respond to / create creative briefs with inspiring creative concepts.
- Develop a strong understanding of the creative output needs of our different creative channels, from website and social needs, to video production and game experience.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure all departments are provided with accurate communication of strategic creative output.
- Work with Ticket Sales, Corporate Partnership Activation, and Event Marketing to ensure all events signage, etc. is on brand with accurate messaging.
- Provide guidance on copy needs coming through for all communications.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Strong skills in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator (knowledge of Adobe After Effects a bonus)
- Strong mentorship and leadership skills
- Strong skills in video editing and storyboarding
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have ability to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines on a continual basis.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education and Experience
- 8+ years’ experience working with brands, advertising agency, marketing agency, or sports creative fields preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, Communications or related field preferred.
- Sports and/or entertainment experience is preferred.
Materials and Equipment Used:
- Mac, Apple products, Adobe Suite, and Office equipment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.