Position: Manager, HRIS & Benefits – Full Time/Exempt
Reports to: Sr. Director, People Operations
Location: Arizona Cardinals (Tempe, AZ)
Cardinals Organizational Summary:
The Arizona Cardinals Football Club is a professional football team within the National Football League (NFL). The Cardinals compete in the National Football Conference (NFC) West division and call State Farm Stadium in Glendale their home stadium.
As one of the oldest pro football franchises in the U.S., the Cardinals Club has established itself as a sport and cultural hallmark within Arizona, developing a family-oriented culture that strives to be a championship team on the field, in the community, and as an organization. Over the years, the organization not only continues to grow its fanbase and reach within the local community but also prides itself in maintaining a diverse and dedicated workforce.
If you want to join an organization that values safety, courtesy, efficiency, experience, diversity, and longevity, we would love for you to join our team. Learn more about the Arizona Cardinals and see what’s happening here.
Our team is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, with the aim of reshaping the employment dynamic for all Arizona Cardinals affiliated organizations. As the Manager, HRIS & Benefits you will help create, implement, and drive policies, procedures, systems, and other best practices across the organization(s). You will be responsible for partnering across the business to provide comprehensive support in areas such as but not limited to HRIS & benefits.
We're looking for someone passionate who can give our team members a fantastic experience and provide best-in-class HR solutions. This role requires someone that has experience building/implementing HRIS’ modules and workflows from the ground up. We utilize UKG and there are many modules that need to be set up or improved to be more efficient and to create a better team member experience.
Primary Job Duties:
- Responsible for the preparation, documentation, and disbursement of all HRIS and benefits related activities and the updating of these when new processes or systems are implemented
- Designs, develops and analyzes existing policies, procedures, controls, practices, and systems to ensure compliance with state and federal benefit, and tax laws and recommends modifications of existing processes to ensure compliance with legislated requirements
- Initiate and review additions and changes to automate HR functions including but not limited to benefit, time and attendance, and tax system updates
- Evaluates current HR & benefit operations and systems to recommend and develop operating efficiency improvements
- Effectively manage benefit vendors by strictly adhering to contracts and optimization of service-level agreements (SLAs).
- Oversee health and welfare plan administration and compliance
- Manage the annual Open Enrollment process
- Provide strategic oversight over the Club’s wellness program to improve employee wellbeing and engagement
- Optimize and/or implement HRIS and other HR systems
- Manage compliance, financial, benefit, tax or any other internal audit requests on a timely manner
- Manage year end activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources, related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience: 6+ years of HRIS & Benefits experience required, payroll preferred
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM CP/SCP, preferred
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, ability to research and offer ideas for solutions
- Demonstrate flexibility and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple completing priorities that require strong project management and decision-making capabilities
- Experience developing a healthy culture within an organization where employees feel valued, engaged, and united toward the common goals of championship-level performance
- Knowledge of how to operate within a customer-focused company and how to drive that mindset through the HR function with a hands-on approach
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and sensitivity to all HR Related matters and information
- UKG experience highly preferred
- Must complete all pre-employment forms and successfully pass a background check
Cardinals Benefits/Perks Summary:
The Arizona Cardinals Football Club has developed a comprehensive benefits package that provides economic and inclusive benefits to full-time employees. The Cardinals benefits offer care, protection, and support for employees and their loved ones. The Cardinals organization encourages an environment that is conducive to living a healthy, productive, and flexible lifestyle.
Benefits and Perks include, but are not limited to:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance options; effective the first day of hire
- 401 (k) retirement option with employer match contribution
- Paid Time Off Accruals (including sick time accruals)
- Paid Time Off for most Federal holidays
- Time off for Maternity, Paternity, Military, and Bereavement
- MDLIVE: 24/7 medical support
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Care Saving Account options
- Discounts on Cardinals gear & paraphernalia
- Tuition reimbursement & Professional Growth opportunities
- Daily free lunch
- Complimentary season tickets
- Subsidized gym memberships
The Arizona Cardinals Football Club is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- 4 year(s): HRIS Implementation
- 4 year(s): UKG Administrator